Misa Milaya Dress + Life Lately
Happy 4th of July! I’m up early getting some work done before we head up to Lake Norman for the day. With as hot as it’s been, I’m looking forward to a day soaking in the water!
Y’all. My life has been crazy lately. I am one of those people that is pretty much happy all the time and stuff doesn’t really get to me. But lately….I just can’t. I don’t know if it’s the snowball effect of so many things happening at once or if really it all boils down to the situation with Marley making it tough to handle anything else (you can read about that HERE), but either way, I have been STRUGGLING. I don’t want to sound like I’m complaining, but I also appreciate it when other people get real instead of just talking about all the shiny, pretty stuff. Instagram is this perfect little snapshot of one moment, but there is always a lot more going on that you don’t see…and I would venture to say most people are fighting battles that you know nothing about. I think it’s important to talk about and relate that we all struggle at times.
I have a friend staying with me for a few days and before she came I said, ‘I’m sorry, I feel like my life is in shambles, so be prepared.’ OK, my life isn’t really in shambles, I know that’s dramatic, but I just feel like I CAN’T GET IT TOGETHER. I actually made a list of everything that is overwhelming me:
1. I missed market in Atlanta, so I have been trying to make that up by seeing reps on the road and writing deliveries by linesheets, which is not only challenging, but also really time consuming.
2. My car needs service: I literally see the notification everyday but haven’t had a minute to think about it.
3. I chipped a tooth. UGH. So I need to get that fixed.
4. We started selling some furniture, so now I literally have one room in the house that just has furniture piled in it that I need to do something with (anyone want to buy any furniture?!).
5. Our permit for the house came in over 2 weeks ago (do you even remember we are building a house??)…we kept checking with the lender to see what was going on and he finally writes us back last Friday that it’s his last day with the bank and someone else is taking the file over. When I talk to that person, it turns out in 30 days basically nothing had been done on our file. Sooo, yeah. Not cool.
6. Speaking of the house, I need to get some freaking quotes for the pool we want to put in (I’ve only gotten one), and I haven’t done that.
7. My lease is up at the store in January, and I’m toying with the idea of another location, so I’ve had to do a lot of research/meetings/number crunching/soul searching in regards to that…and at times the stress of it just crushes me.
8. I got a customer complaint email from someone who shops at the store. If you want to hand me something that I can barely handle…it’s that. I take A LOT of pride in the vibe we have at Boem, and I think it’s what has set us apart for 10 years. You aren’t going to get sharky, annoying sales people when you come in. We try to connect with our customers and make them feel at home. It’s something that comes naturally to me, but it doesn’t come naturally to everyone. It’s also a non-negotiable for me that my employees are supporting our culture and putting the customers first. I can’t be there 24/7, so it’s important that my employees are showing up with their A-game every day. And doing what needs to be done, even when I’m not there. This email opened my eyes that things aren’t being done how I expect, so I’ve been dealing with that.
9. The diet. Honestly, I love the diet I am on, but it definitely adds some work to my life…and with everything else that’s going on, it’s just a lot. Lance is also on a similar (but even more strict) diet, so the added work of shopping and cooking and cleaning from him eating at home has been a lot.
10. Marley. It’s hard for me to say how much this is affecting me because taking care of her has just become so normal for us. But it’s A LOT of work. She poops in the house all the time…one day this week I think I cleaned up poop 5 times. I was running out the door to go to grocery store before work yesterday and she had peed all over her bed, the porch, and herself. We are making her food, we are feeding her 3 times a day. Not only is it a lot of work, it’s super stressful to see her like this. And I know people reading this will be like, ‘girl, put her down.’ Well y’all, I’ve had her for 15 years. I got her right out of college. She’s been with me for my entire adult life. It’s the hardest call to make EVER. And I don’t want to end her life to make my life easier. I also don’t want to keep her here just for me. So anyway….it’s weighing on me, that’s for sure.
So, that’s what is going on with me! Honestly just getting it off my chest and putting it out there already makes me feel better and minimizes it in a way. I mean, such is life, right?? And TODAY I’m off work and going to relax and enjoy myself and forget about everything else!
My outfit details are below…this is probably my favorite dress of the season! It’s selling fast, so don’t miss out. I found it in all sizes; I’m wearing an XS!
Thanks for reading and have a GREAT 4th of July!